With some big changes around the office, a consistently busy schedule and a huge variety of work throughout the country our new Project Delivery Manager could be forgiven for taking some time to get up to speed. But Praveena has quickly found her feet, stepped up and paced ahead.
1) What does your daily work involve? Looking after the projects in progress, keeping the team motivated, managing meetings and general problem solving. My ultimate focus is on making sure each and every project runs smoothly.
2) What attracted you to working at National Decorators? To start with, it was the organized and effective processes the company had in place. I could also clearly see that it was a family business, that they cared for each other, and that they welcomed me to the team like I was one of the family. Of course, the role itself was also a big reason. I’m passionate about this type of work and, being a people person, love the interaction each day.
3) What are the main challenges of the work? This is my first experience in the painting industry, so getting to know all the technical details was definitely a challenge to begin with. But I pride myself on being a quick learner – so I’m getting through this!
4) Do you have any hobbies or interests outside of work? My most favourite pastime is to spend the time with my little son Anuran. He’s a super cute child and my favourite person in the world. Outside of work I’m focused on enjoying all the time I can with him and my husband.
5) If there were one thing in this world you could paint, what would it be? I would like to do an interior, perhaps a living room with lots of green in it. I love the different shades of green, and enjoy the summer colours of the local countryside.